This practical and engaging program will equip you with an eclectic skill set to support people in navigating health care, mental health and addictions, social welfare, criminal justice, and developmental and educational settings.
You will gain an in-depth understanding of resources across the province and have the opportunity to interact with a variety of professionals, helping you build industry connections as early as semester one.
The program is unique as it is relevant for people new to the helping field and for those looking to enhance their skill set. Learning activities are carefully selected to provide you with an engaging and interactive experience.
What's in it for you?
- Work in a variety of settings across health care, mental health and addictions, social welfare, criminal justice, the developmental sector, and education.
Average Annual Salaries across Canada (Average Canadian salary is $69,923):
$39,000 to $94,780
Field placement or specialized project in semester 3
Flexible, unique delivery including 100% online option
Students have successfully completed the program full-time while working full-time. There is also a part-time pathway.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.