Chemical Engineering Technology
In this advanced diploma program, you will train for an exciting career as a chemical technologist that will have you extracting valuable metals from rock, operating chemical processes in nuclear plants, operating water/wastewater treatment plants, creating the next generation of pharmaceuticals, or developing new and improved fuels.
With our campus located in Sudbury, Ontario, the mining capital of Canada, our program has a unique focus that will build your knowledge and skills in analytical, inorganic and organic chemistry, and laboratory techniques.
You will learn industry-standard lab practices through group work and independent studies, including sampling, analysis, proper use of instruments, quality assurance/quality control, health and safety, and technical report writing.
As a graduate, you’ll be prepared for a career in the fields of mining and water management, as well as nuclear energy, manufacturing, oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, and food and beverage.
What's in it for you?
- Lab technologist in mineral processing, geochemistry, nuclear, petroleum, pharmaceutical, and food industries
- Water and wastewater analyst/operator
- Water quality analyst
- Chemical process control operator
You will complete two paid co-op work terms that will give you real-world, résumé-building experience in a lab setting.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.