Take that first step toward a career in business by studying business online.
This program is a common year for all business students, so when you graduate, you will be eligible for direct entry into the second year of the following diploma programs at Cambrian: Business, Business – Accounting, Business Administration, and Business Administration – Accounting.
All business courses in this program are delivered online.
Explore traditional business careers by gaining a solid introductory foundation in accounting, finance, human resources and marketing, and apply that knowledge in your current career or use it to pursue your passions.
What's in it for you?
- Customer service
- Service industries
- Financial institutions
Successful graduates of this online program can enter directly into the second year of Cambrian's diploma and advanced diploma Business programs. This program is also offered in Espanola, Kenora, and Fort Frances.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.