Business Analytics – Graduate Certificate
Become a data storyteller and explore how to become a business analyst.
In this Business Analytics program, you will complete a series of data analysis courses that will set you up to become a specialist in managing, interpreting, analyzing, and presenting data to support decision-making processes in all types and sizes of organizations. You’ll gain the skills to help organizations make more informed decisions, predict trends, and better understand the needs of their customers by working independently or with IT teams to mine data from primary and secondary sources, analyze and interpret results, pinpoint and predict trends, provide concise reports, and design, create, and maintain databases.
You have the flexibility to study Business Analytics in-class or online so you can continue to work and earn while you learn.
What's in it for you?
- Data analyst
- Research scientist
- Data administrator
- Market research analyst
- Business systems analyst
A hands-on capstone research project in Semester 3 will let you apply what you've learned in the Business Analytics program and further develop your data problem-solving skills
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 10 Educational or Professional
- Processor: 64-bit current generation Intel i5 (i7 preferred) or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB (16 GB preferred)
- Storage space: 100 GB free with minimum 10GB available for software installs
- Software: Microsoft Office (provided by the College), PowerBI Desktop, MySQL workbench, R Studio, additional software will be provided
Required software will be provided by Cambrian College. Instruction on how to obtain software will be provided to you. Some software that you may access as part of your program may not be compatible with every device. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email email@example.com or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.