Prepare for career opportunities from the comfort of your own home. Take our general accounting stream online as you gain the skills and hands-on experience to land entry-level business accounting positions within non-profits, corporations, and other for-profit organizations.
Following a first year of common curriculum including bookkeeping courses shared by all accounting and business students, you will be immersed in accounting principles and practices and have the opportunity to gain real-world experience through a work placement.
This program is offered with online accounting courses. It has been designed to accommodate students who want to continue their studies towards an online degree or get entry into the professional accounting programs such as the Advanced Certificate in Accounting and Finance (ACAF) or the Certified Aboriginal Financial Manager (CAFM) designation. To enter into the ACAF certificate or the CAFM designation programs, students must achieve a 60% average or more in certain courses and an overall average of 65% in Cambrian's Business - Accounting - Online program.
What's in it for you?
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk or analyst
- Small business accountant
- Tax return preparer
As a graduate, you may opt to take one additional year in the Business Administration - Accounting program to enhance your skills, obtain advanced standings into the ACAF, and/or obtained advanced standing for a degree program.
Plan your future
- Flex learning
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- PC with operating system Windows 10 OR 11(preferred), with 64-bit Intel OR AMD multicore processor, Intel i5 OR AMD equivalent at minimum
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics – Intel HD Graphics 400
- RAM: 8 GB OR 16 GB (preferred)
- Storage: 16 GB – 32 GB SSD, 100 GB free with 10 GB minimum for software installs
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.