Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree
Our stand-alone nursing degree program develops leaders in health care – nurses who can confidently provide compassionate care and health promotion to anyone in any environment, and who can effectively communicate with members of the health care system and the patients and their families.
In our program you won’t just become a highly-skilled nurse, you’ll live and breathe the profession during every moment of the program. Through an experience-based learning approach, you will become confident applying concepts to real patients and situations through case studies and hands-on experiences during clinical placements. You will grow your leadership skills and become a critical thinker who understands the value of teamwork and collaboration in health care teams. With a focus on diversity and inclusion, you will also gain the knowledge and skills to provide appropriate and culturally-sensitive care to Indigenous communities and special populations.
Our program offers more than 1000 hours of clinical experiences in hospitals and community health care agencies where you’ll work with physicians, dieticians, physiotherapists, and members of other health care disciplines.
As a graduate, you can apply to become a Registered Nurse and can also pursue Master’s and Doctoral studies to prepare for work as an educator, clinical expert, or researcher.
Space in this program is limited.Apply now!
What's in it for you?
- Registered Nurse in hospitals, long-term care residences, or health care agencies.
Across these career outcomes, salaries in Canada range from:
$52,000 to $83,000
- The new Cambrian College Bachelor of Science in Nursing has received preliminary approval from the College of Nurses of Ontario (www.cno.org). Graduates from this program are eligible to apply for registration as a Registered Nurse in Ontario.
- Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing
- Cambrian has been granted consent by the Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities to offer this applied degree for a seven-year term starting 02/24/2022. The college shall ensure that all students admitted to the above-named program during the period of consent will have the opportunity to complete the program within a reasonable time frame.
Our student-centred learning approach lets you apply – not just memorize – concepts through real-world scenarios.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.