Prepare for college programs. Increase your earning power. Get that job you have always wanted through Cambrian College’s Academic Upgrading program.
Individual timetables and courses of study are developed to accommodate your training needs and personal schedules. You will have an opportunity to develop productive study habits, to practice speaking more effectively and to learn employability skills like critical thinking, team building, and problem-solving skills that employers are seeking.
Do you want to:
- Upgrade math, English, science, or computer skills?
- Prepare for a postsecondary program or an apprenticeship?
- Improve your job opportunities and employment skills?
- Go back to school in an adult environment?
- Be independent?
- Obtain your high school equivalency certificate (ACE)?
- Recognized as an equivalent to an OSSD (Ontario Secondary School Diploma) by all Ontario community colleges.
- Accepted by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities as a grade 12 equivalency for Apprenticeships.
- Accepted by a number of employers as a grade 12 equivalency.
What's in it for you?
This program has a continuous intake that runs 12 months a year and offers classes during days and evenings.
Plan your future
Minimum technology requirements
- Regular access to a computer with a reliable Internet connection
- Web cam and headset
- Personal computer
- Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 operating system
- Web browser: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Apple Mac
- OS X operating system
- Web browser: Firefox or Safari
You’ll be accessing industry-standard software as part of your program. Your program coordinator and IT will set you up with access on your computer or within our campus labs. If you have any questions about these technology requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (705) 566-8101, ext. 7303.
For a full list of how your program will be delivered click here.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Cambrian College has implemented a BYOD policy to ensure a rich and flexible learning experience. Learn more about BYOD by clicking here.
System requirements for Assistive Technology
To access the widest range of Assistive Technology (AT), a Windows-based computer is recommended.
- Recommended OS: Windows 10 or newer
- Recommended CPU: Intel or AMD multicore processor
- Recommended RAM: 8 GB
- Recommended Storage for Assistive Technology: 8 GB of available Hard Drive of Solid State Drive Space (please note this is not the total drive size and refers specifically to available space needed for assistive technology)
- Recommended Audio: Speakers or Headphones for Text-to-Speech and Microphone for Speech Input
While Apple computers can provide many AT options, some specialized software may not be available/compatible with this platform. Please consult with the Glenn Crombie Centre for further details.