Transferring credits? It’s easy at Cambrian!
Transfer credits are granted for courses completed at another recognized post-secondary institution which are deemed equivalent to a course at Cambrian. If you have a college or university level course that is similar to a Cambrian course, you may be eligible for a transfer credit.
- You will need to provide your official transcript and full course outlines to have any transfer credits assessed.
- Grade requirement: A minimum grade of “C” (60%) is required for a course to be considered for transfer credit for most programs.
- Course equivalency: Courses will be evaluated on criteria such as content, learning outcomes, credit value and number of teaching hours.
- Accreditation: Course must be completed at a public post-secondary institution in Canada or an accredited international institution to be eligible for transfer credit assessment.
How to apply for transfer credit
- After you have been accepted into a Cambrian program, review the courses on the program webpage and then search for the course outlines that you would like to consider for transfer.
- Gather supporting documents that include an official transcript from your previous educational institutions as well as full course outlines or syllabi for the courses you would like to have considered for transfer.
- Submit your application for transfer credit four weeks before the beginning of the semester in order to have your request processed by course drop deadlines.
- Once your application and supporting documents are approved, you will see the change on your student record. If your application is denied you will be notified by email.