WHAT: A Confirmed Case of COVID-19 involving a member of the Cambrian community
- We have just been informed that a member of the Cambrian community has tested positive for COVID-19
- The individual was last on campus May 13, Level 4, Section 2. Click here for campus map
- The individual is currently self-isolating. We wish them a full and quick recovery and are providing any support we can
- Enhanced cleaning of affected areas, as well as daily cleaning of high-traffic and high-touch areas takes place as part of our COVID-19 protocols
- Public Health is conducting contract tracing. If you are not contacted, you are not considered a close contact.
Please continue to follow all infection-control best practices:
- Stay home if you are feeling ill, take a self-assessment, and consider being tested for COVID-19
- Maintain physical distancing (minimum 2 metres/6 feet from nearest person)
- Wear a face covering when inside campus buildings or outside when physical distancing is not possible
- Wash or sanitize your hands regularly
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve
- Leave campus buildings immediately after your scheduled class or activity is over
- Be vaccinated for COVID-19 when you are eligible to do so (www.ontario.ca/covid, www.phsd.ca)
Cambrian College COVID-19 webpage – www.cambriancollege.ca/reopen
Public Health Sudbury & Districts – www.phsd.ca
COVID Self Assessment – www.ontario.ca/covid
Information for international students (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
For medical care, contact your primary care health practitioner or visit a walk-in clinic near you.
You may also contact Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000).
In Sudbury, you can also contact Health Sciences North (Virtual Emergency Department).
The Virtual ED offers same-day appointments, 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday to Friday. Appointments will be booked for patients who:
- Are 12 months of age or older
- Have a medical issue that is not life threatening
- Are unable to obtain timely access to their primary healthcare provider or do not have a primary healthcare provider