SUDBURY – The first Tuesday of December, “Giving Tuesday” is now celebrated around the world, and Cambrian College invites you to take part by helping students.
Giving Tuesday is a day when people donate their time and money to charities and worthy causes. Cambrian College is continuing its Giving Tuesday tradition by asking you to support students who are struggling financially by making a donation to Cambrian’s various scholarship and bursary funds.
“Many of our students are experiencing first-hand the effects the COVID-19,” says Brandi Brathwaite, Cambrian’s Director of Development. “A lot of our students have been laid off from their part-time jobs as businesses are cutting back on employees or have had to adapt to new models to stay afloat during this pandemic. Students are hurting, many have even less money for the basics like rent, food, school supplies, and internet access, which is now essential with many classes fully delivered online. It’s why we’re relying on our donors to help out this Giving Tuesday more than ever.”
This year some incredibly generous Cambrian partners have agreed to match contributions made by members of the community and beyond during dedicated hours throughout the day. They include:
- Lopes Limited – Matching up to $10,000 between 8-11am
- Ionic Mechatronics – Matching up to $5,000 between 11am -12pm
- Crosstown Chevrolet’s Vince Pollesel and Cambrian alumnus Steve Jacklin - Matching up to $5,000 between 12-1pm
- Mario Grossi – Matching up to $2,500 between 1-2pm
- Pioneer Construction and Fisher Wavy – Matching up to $5,000 between 2-3pm
- Milman Industries – Matching up to $2,000 between 3-4pm
- Stephane and Michelle Cloutier – Matching up to $1,500 between 4-5pm
Cambrian College appreciates all the support given to its students over the years. More than 50,000 people have graduated from Cambrian, going on to be leaders in
communities around the world.
For more information or to donate, visit www.cambriancollege.ca/givingtuesday. Your generosity will make a difference. Just ask:
- 30 -
Cambrian College is Northern Ontario’s largest college, with more than 80 programs. Cambrian’s main campus is in Greater Sudbury, with satellite centres in Espanola
and Little Current. For more information about Cambrian College, visit www.cambriancollege.ca
705-566-8101, extension 6302