The Glenn Crombie Centre for Accessibility, Counselling and Wellness facilitates equal access for students with permanent and temporary disabilities as defined in the Ontario Human Rights Code by providing reasonable academic accommodations. Accommodations and services are provided based on documentation of the functional limitations associated with a student’s disability. Students who receive accommodations must still meet the essential requirements of the course and program in order to be successful. Accommodations that are provided ensure access, not necessarily success, and do not provide an advantage.
We also work with students who suspect they may have a disability or are in the process of obtaining documentation of their disability, and ensure they have appropriate interim accommodations and supports in place.
It is the responsibility of the student to register with The Glenn Crombie Centre for Accessibility, Counselling and Wellness, Accessibility Services as soon as possible, preferably prior to the start of the semester to ensure their accommodation plan is active when classes start. For incoming Cambrian students, it is recommended to register once you accept an offer of admission and have a student number.
Advanced notice is required to set up the following services as these may take several weeks to arrange:
- Electronic textbooks
- Enlarged print materials
- Sign language interpreters
- Placement accommodations
Registering with The Glenn Crombie Centre for accommodations is the first step to support you in your academic studies. If you live with a disability or have experienced learning challenges, book an appointment with us to discuss your needs.
Book an Appointment – please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 705-524-7311
Below you will find a list of services that you can discuss with your Accessibility Advisor:
- Learning Strategies Services
- Learning strategy training can help if you have difficulty with reading, writing, organization, study skills, memory, test-taking, and/or note-taking Learn More
- Assistive Technology Services
- Assistive technology training is available for specialized software such as voice recognition, text to speech, etc. Learn More
- Alternate format
- You can request your books in an accessible format Learn More
- Psychological Assessment
- We can conduct an assessment for you through the Northern Ontario Assessment and Resource Centre Learn More
- Head Start
- Take part in our free orientation program for students with disabilities to prepare for the start of classes Learn More