Honour your strengths, plan for your future, and set yourself up for career success!
This FREE, two-week IN PERSON program runs from July 4 to July 15, 2022.
This program is geared towards anyone who has been out of school for a while, and will offer you the following:
- Personal and career exploration
- The chance to discover various pathways to college and employment
- Campus tours and classroom shadowing at Cambrian College
- The opportunity to self-reflect on your strengths and skills
- A positive learning experience while you refresh your academic skills
- An introduction to student support services and success advisors at Cambrian
- Daily interaction with faculty and other staff members at Cambrian
The following is a week-by-week breakdown of activities offered throughout the program:
- Personal and career exploration, which includes completing Career Surveys using MyBlueprint
- Getting to know each other through fun activities such as GooseChase (a scavenger hunt)
- Refresher in English, math, health sciences
- Workshops and Presentations by Cambrian’s Career Centre Employment Options and other areas throughout the college
- Activities will involve getting to know what resources and support services are available to students at Cambrian
- Exploration oft college and community resources available
- Goal setting and creating an individual plan for your future
- Meeting with staff and faculty
Students who apply to a college program after completing Focus Forward will have their $110 OCAS application fee paid.
To register or find out more: