Skilled Trades Training
Want a career where you are in demand and well paid? At Cambrian College, graduates from our Skilled Trades Training Program get jobs. We offer more than a dozen programs across a wide spectrum of trades including carpentry, electrical, heavy equipment, welding, industrial mechanic and millwright, heating and ventilation, and many more.
You get hands-on learning and the opportunity to collaborate with industry partners through applied research.
Skilled, Trained and Job-Ready
At Cambrian College, you’ll learn your trade from those who have worked in the trades. You’ll harness your skills from some of the most skilled craftspeople and professors in Ontario.
Optional Paid Co-op
For eligible trades programs, you may have the opportunity to complete an optional, paid co-op where you’ll apply your skills and knowledge in an actual work environment, giving you industry training that you can showcase to potential employers when you graduate.
Programs in skilled trades training
- Carpentry Renovation Techniques Program Code: CRPG
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technician Program Code: HVTN
- Heavy Equipment Technician Program Code: HDTN
- Industrial Mechanical Millwright Technician Program Code: IMTN
- Mechanical Technician – Manufacturing / Machining Program Code: MMTN
- Motive Power Technician – Truck and Coach Program Code: TCTN
- Motive Power Technician – Service and Management – Automotive Program Code: VMTN
- Powerline Technician Program Code: PLTN
- Pre-Trades/Technology Program Code: PRET
- Welding and Fabrication Technician Program Code: WFTN