Cambrian College and School College Work Initiative (SCWI) invites you to a full-day information session that will feature special presentations by keynote speakers and expert Cambrian staff.
Keynote Presenter for 2019 – Catherine Poulton
"Bee"longing: The science of social connection and why it is critical to our resiliency.
Human beings are hive creatures, wired to belong and work towards something greater than ourselves. We will explore how the research in belonging and connection are the antidote to the epidemic of loneliness and essential to being resilient. We do this by embracing vulnerability as a strength, deepen our connections by reaching out, utilizing empathy, listening and meaningful communication. By sharpening our social connection skills we will increase our positivity, have less distress from feeling disconnected, develop strong social ties to help us get through tough times.
Additional features of the Forum
- Presentation on Dual Credit Recruitment and Selection:
Paving Pathways for Students in Skilled Trades
Participants will learn how the Rainbow District School board took a team approach to recruitment for Dual Credit classes. With a focus on pathways into the skilled trades and a unique target of non-traditional students; the SSI team chose individuals who weren’t achieving their maximum success in a traditional school setting. Learn how they came together with various partners to select, recruit and promote the dual credit program.
- Presentations by expert Cambrian staff including admissions and financial aid
- Updates about Cambrian’s new programs and services
- Tour of our Applied Research Facilities
- Opportunities to network with other educators and Cambrian representatives
Breakfast, lunch, and free parking will be provided.
Who Should Attend
- Secondary School Teachers
- Guidance Counselors
- Secondary Principals/Vice Principals
- School Board Representatives
- OYAP and Co-op Representatives
Registration for this event is now closed.