Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a Technologist, Machining Programs, on a leave replacement basis beginning June 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the departmental coordinator, the Technologist will plan, supervise, organize, and maintain lab facilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Support faculty in the design, modification, and delivery of academic curriculum, and be responsible for the acquisition and installation of laboratory equipment.
- Provide assistance and direction to students in the lab while also controlling and overseeing students conducting academic projects.
- Actively promote and uphold solid workplace safety standards, and be an effective role model within the classroom.
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification within the trade and valid First Aid and WHMIS certifications. (A copy of certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Three years of experience in the trade after receiving certification.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise tact and good judgment working directly with college staff and students.
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office software.
- Collaborative and dynamic professional who promotes teamwork and works cohesively within a team oriented environment.
Assets / Preferred
- College diploma.
- Experience working within a postsecondary environment.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Copy of Certificate of Qualification within the Machining trade.
- Valid First Aid Certificate & WHMIS Certificates.
- Postsecondary diploma if applicable.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.