Cambrian College’s Employment Options requires a full-time Bilingual Resource Centre Specialist beginning April 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the first point of contact for all walk-in, phone, and online customers.
- Provide information and referral services by assisting clients in the Employment Resource Centre.
- Assist clients with résumé and cover letter preparation.
- Screen and refer potential program participants and employers to the appropriate staff or community resource.
- Uphold solid customer service while providing reception, clerical support, and switchboard operations for the office.
- Make regular posts to Employment Options social media platforms
- Maintain a job posting board in the resource room and on the website by researching the local labour market and communicating with employment consultants and employers.
- Enter appropriate statistical information in to the computer system, and provide the supervisor with statistical reports on a regular basis.
- Carry out clerical tasks to support the delivery of the Employment Options program.
- Must have a two-year postsecondary diploma preferably in General Business or Social work. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Two years of experience working within a client-focused environment.
- Experience in exercising good judgement while being tactful in handling client and employer issues.
- Fluency in both official languages (oral and written).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent customer-service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet research, and social media platforms
- Occasional evening work will be required.
- Applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
Assets / Preferred
- Career Development Practitioner diploma.
- Solid background in working within the employment services field.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary diploma.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.