The Northern Ontario Assessment and Resource Centre/Centre d’évaluation et de ressources du Nord de l’Ontario (NOARC/CERNO), located within Cambrian College, requires a full-time Psychologist/Psychological Associate beginning fall 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct assessments of adult learners with possible learning disabilities and/or ADHD and associated disorders.
- Assist with clinical supervision, train psychology staff, and support a research agenda designed to advance knowledge and practices in the field of adult learning disabilities.
- Ph.D. or master’s degree in Psychology.
- Three years of combined, relevant work experience in the areas of adult assessment, and in particular, psycho-educational assessment. (Preference will be given to candidates with education and training in the areas of school, clinical, or clinical neuropsychology.)
- Active registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario as a Psychologist or Psychological Associate, or the ability to achieve this status within the near future.
- Possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to be an effective role model.
- Firm organizational and computer software skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within the province of Ontario.
Assets / Preferred
- Past supervisory experience.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.