Cambrian College’s Infrastructure Support Services requires a full-time Network Administrator beginning January 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Installation, maintenance, and configuration of network management software and components in collaboration with Infrastructure Team.
- Participate in the installation, maintenance, and documentation of the College’s network, UPS, firewall, external DNS, and security software and systems.
- Provide guidance to full-time staff, placement students, part-time staff, and contractors on any activities related to the network or communications infrastructure to ensure completion of such activity as specified by documented standards, when required.
- Install, or coordinate the installation of, and document all equipment deployed in network/communications closets as per the Manager, Infrastructure Support Services.
- Effectively resolve unusual situations that may occur with network, UPS, and cooling systems by determining the nature of the problem and taking corrective action.
- Actively monitor network performance and security and consult with the Manager, Infrastructure Support Services, regarding the implementation of corrective action to maintain maximum performance.
- Develop and review procedures to allow Information Technology personnel to install and maintain network components and establish network security procedures to ensure network security is not compromised.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma or degree within computer science, telecommunications, electronics, or instrumentation. (Copies of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Three years of hands-on experience with network deployments, network security principles, and general network management best practices in a medium to large enterprise environment.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge of network and desktop operating systems, including Cisco IOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work either in a team or individually.
- Strong documentation skills and experience creating procedures, topology diagrams, installation scopes, and workflows.
- At least one of the following industry certifications: CCNA, CCENT, Network + or CCNP Routing & Switching.
Assets / Preferred
- Experience installing and maintaining fiber optic and copper data networks.
- Hands-on experience in a multivendor switching and routing environment.
- Experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Meraki Wireless/VPN solutions.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting field connectivity of network endpoints.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary diploma or degree.
- Relevant industry certification (CCNA, CCENT, Network + or CCNP Routing & Switching).
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
If you would like more information, please contact Jon Stungevicius at Waterhouse Search, (416) 214-9233, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution to this organization as Network Administrator, please submit your résumé in confidence to Waterhouse Search quoting the position title and competition to email@example.com.
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.