Cambrian College’s Applied Research department requires a full-time Manager, Centre for Smart Mining, beginning June 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the coordination of applied research, fee-for-service business opportunities, and specialized training in the Centre for Smart Mining (CSM).
- Lead the planning, development, and implementation of a focused research and development program as directed by the CSM business plan and for the development, management, and operation of the CSM.
- Develop and implement short- and long-term plans to achieve the goals and objectives of the CSM strategic business plan.
- Support business development efforts such as actively pursuing targeted and strategic funding sources, preparing funding proposals/applications, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with external parties, and representing the CSM at various external events.
- Provide project management leadership to the Centre, which includes the planning, coordination, and implementation of all applied research projects and overseeing the day-to-day activities related to those projects.
- Supervise project support staff and students, and provide oversight of Researcher Scientists and technical staff involved in applied research projects.
- Establish required safety policies, procedures, and training, and ensure health and safety compliance.
- Develop and implement CSM operating, capital, and project budgets.
- Master’s degree, preferably in the area of business. (A copy of education must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of experience with project management (ensuring stakeholder and financial outcomes are achieved), budget preparation and monitoring, grant writing, research proposal development, and industry and government relations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value and practice of applied research.
- Solid leadership skills along with firm relationship-building, conflict resolution, and management skills that include budgeting and project management.
- The ability to foster a positive and cohesive work environment.
- Experience in human resources leadership, including hiring, performance evaluation, and performance management.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills, and the ability to maintain complex operational demands and to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to communicate (in writing and verbally) at an executive level.
Assets / Preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar designation
- Experience in a unionized environment.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Master’s degree.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.