Cambrian College’s School of Creative Arts, Design, and Music requires a part-time Lighting Technician beginning September 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee, operate, and maintain the stage and house lights in the Cambrian College theatres for students enrolled at Cambrian’s Barrydowne Campus.
- Operate the stage and house lights for dress rehearsals and concerts.
- Maintain stage and house lights.
- Manage the hanging and adjustment of lights based on performance needs, including spot lights and special lighting for concerts which require projection or colour effects, and lighting for numerous performers or ensembles.
- Liaise with students and faculty from the larger college community.
- Postsecondary certificate or diploma in technical lighting or theatre production and/or combined experience that demonstrates continuous practice in live performance lighting. (A copy of educational documents, if applicable, must be submitted with application.)
- Three years of current hands-on experience in technical lighting.
- Must be an energetic self-starter with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Possess the ability to balance several complex and ongoing tasks, while maintaining solid attention to detail.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- Act as an effective role model for junior staff while promoting and working in a positive and cohesive team environment.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary certificate or diploma (if applicable).
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.