Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training has an immediate requirement for a part-time HVAC Technician to provide technical support to the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Technician program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the maintenance of equipment and the ordering and manufacturing of parts and equipment.
- Assist and supervise students in labs and shops, ensuring that safety standards and procedures are followed.
- Must have TSSA Certification (G2, OBT2). (A copy of certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of experience working within the HVAC trade.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to be an effective role model are expected.
- Strong presentation, organizational, time-management, and multitasking skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to be flexible, prioritize, adapt easily to change, and work independently while maintaining a positive attitude in order to promote and foster a team-oriented environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Postsecondary diploma in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning would be considered an asset.
- Experience working within a postsecondary or secondary school environment.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- TSSA Certification (G2 and OBT2 Certificate).
* All candidates may be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.