Cambrian College’s Maintenance and Building Services department requires a full-time General Maintenance Worker beginning November 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform required work in the installation, maintenance, and general repairs and upkeep of buildings, equipment, systems, special events set up, and facilities.
- The incumbent may also work under the supervision of a tradesperson when called upon to do so.
- Will be responsible for the following: paint and touch-up in identified areas; repair and finish furniture, lockers, cabinets, panels, and flooring; perform minor plumbing repairs and kitchen equipment welding; and mounting wall-hung furniture.
- Responsibilities will also include: replacing burnt lamps and bulbs; changing air filters; maintaining motors, fans, and drive belts; checking and monitoring fire alarm and fire suppression equipment; and overseeing the ongoing process water (and other pressurized liquid and gas) system and operation.
- Employ computer software to perform various functions that include retrieving historical drawings, viewing and managing daily work orders, creating simple written procedures, and changing operational regimes on the building automation system.
- One-year certificate or equivalent in a building/construction trades program. (A copy of educational documents or certification must be submitted with application.)
- Two years of experience in a building maintenance operation environment.
- Experience in the safe use of various hand tools, and a commitment to workplace safety.
- Must hold a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Self-directed individual with the ability to balance multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Effective communication skills and good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-service skills.
- Commitment to working within a team environment.
- Solid computer skills to access work orders and emails.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary certificate.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.