Cambrian College’s Student Life Centre requires three (3) part-time Servers beginning October 2019. These roles require flexibility in scheduling during the day; therefore, these positions are not suitable for student employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide a positive and cheerful experience for Student Life Centre patrons, remaining courteous and professional while providing prompt service to all guests.
- Abide by and administer all laws of the Liquor License Act and the Student Life Centre.
- Verify proof of age and all identifications accepted at the Student Life Centre.
- Serve only legal standard size alcoholic beverages.
- Monitor the liquor intake of our guests, take proper action when necessary and inform the manager.
- Assist in setting up for functions, both internal and external.
- Accurately charge guests for their orders and accept monies owing for all purchases.
- Assist in the receiving of shipments and rotation of stock and any movement of furniture and items in the Student Life Centre.
- Maintain and clean counters, coffee station, and tables and floors in keeping with the housekeeping standards for the Student Life Centre.
- Personally address or report to the appropriate supervisor/manager any infractions of the law or Student Life Centre house policies by a guest(s).
- Promote student events.
- Be aware of all prices and product lines carried by the Student Life Centre.
- Up-sell food items whenever possible.
- Complete the server checklist on every shift.
- Smart Serve Certified. (A copy of the certification must be submitted with application.)
- One year of restaurant, banquet, or institution experience in serving meals in both large and small quantities.
- Knowledge and/or experience in working with Silverware Avrio Point of Sale.
- Must be an energetic self-starter with excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Possess the ability to balance several complex and ongoing tasks, while maintaining solid attention to detail.
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- Act as an effective role model for junior staff while promoting and working in a positive and cohesive team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Secondary school diploma.
- Basic computer literacy skills.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Smart Serve Certification
- Secondary school diploma, if applicable.
* * All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.