Cambrian College’s Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support requires a Counsellor beginning in March 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist current students with functioning effectively as learners by providing short-term counselling support.
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Social Work, Psychology, or Psychotherapy. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Current membership in good standing with the College of Psychologists of Ontario, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
- Five years of current and relevant occupational experience.
- Must have an in-depth understanding of personal, social, and educational challenges that affect postsecondary student life and learning.
- Background experience must include a supervised clinical practicum at the graduate level and a working knowledge of counselling theory, human development, assessment, and counselling practice.
- Experience in evidence based models of therapy, including brief therapies, DBT, CBT, peer-to-peer counselling, and mental health resiliency and transition.
- Ability to provide crisis intervention, consultation, and referral services.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills and the ability to be an effective role model.
- Excellent computer software skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effective critical thinking and organizational skills and the ability to function effectively within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Counselling experience at the secondary or postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary degrees.
- Membership with College of Psychologists of Ontario, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers, or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.