Cambrian College’s Human Resources department requires a full-time Coordinator, Benefits and Attendance beginning October 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and administer human resources programs and practices related to benefits, pension, vacation entitlements, EFAP, and employee leaves.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the College’s Attendance Management Plan.
- Manage the disability management process, from absence to reintegration of employees into the workplace following either occupational or non-occupational illness or injury.
- Ensure the College is compliant with all legislative requirements related to human resources functions.
- Oversee the development and ongoing maintenance of the Human Resources Information Systems pertaining to benefit plans, benefit codes, and premium deduction calculation tables.
- Maintain accurate data entry in benefits provider web interface (currently SunWare) and HRIS plans, administrating open enrolments, terminations, inter-group transfers, additions, deletions, and dependent information ensuring compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
- Process accurate and timely monthly remittances to benefit carrier; analyze monthly premium billing statements; identify and resolve billing discrepancies; supervise the process for deducting group insurance benefit plan premiums on the payroll system; and coordinate and administer payment for benefits for retirees and employees in without-pay status ensuring that premium payments due are received.
- Provide individual consultation to employees regarding all aspects of pensions such as pension transfers, buy-backs, retirement/termination options, marriage breakdowns, and prepare the annual College reconciliation.
- Provide advice and coach management on all issues related to occupational and non-occupational disability claims, absence management strategies, and safe and early return to work programs. Monitor and track key trends related to Long Term Disability (LTD) and WSIB absences and identify opportunities to effectively support management in the development of absence prevention/early intervention strategies and successful return to work action-plans.
- Collaborate with employees, supervisors, union representatives, managers, Labour Relations, the medical community, and the insurance carrier with respect to return to work and accommodation issues; provide case summaries as required; assist in the implementation and delivery of occupational health services and programs; and provide disability management education/training to all staff levels at the College.
- Three-year postsecondary diploma or degree in Human Resources Management. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of experience working in the field of Human Resources with a strong focus on benefits management.
- Strong knowledge of principles, practices, systems, processes, and legal issues pertaining to disability management, benefit program design and administration, and pension plan management.
- Experience using CAAT pension and pension-related calculators; Human Resource Information System (HRIS); and computer software that includes Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Employer Advisor, Canada Customs Revenue Agency, Employment Standards Act, Education Safety Association, Canada Pension Plan, Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Act, College Employer Council, and Employment Insurance.
- Strong management, analytical, organization, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills.
- Excellence in customer service and communication.
- Must be able to exhibit sensitivity, confidentiality, and appropriate advocacy while dealing with highly sensitive and changing situations.
Assets / Preferred
- Experience in a unionized environment.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Postsecondary Diploma or Degree in Human Resources.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.