Cambrian College’s Applied Research department requires two full-time Business Developers beginning January 2019.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the Director, prepare and submit research funding applications to reviewing committees and provide additional information if requested by the reviewers.
- Identify the most suitable funding programs based on the partner company’s eligibility and the scope and size of the potential project.
- Work with business development staff at provincial and federal agencies to ensure that the partner company and the project satisfies all funding program requirements.
- Author technical proposals that describe technical challenges to be rectified, methodology to utilize, and a breakdown of work into major milestones.
- Present a strong business case by preparing a summary of market opportunities, commercialization plan, and jobs and revenue projections.
- Foster and develops partnership arrangements with business and community groups through agreements and projects, develop relationships with industry partners from all sectors, and acquire clients for Applied Research through networking opportunities and outreach activities. Promote community ventures by forming networks and linkages.
- Provide leadership and actively participate as a resource person on related College and provincial committees and groups.
- Liaise with faculty and staff and/or other postsecondary institutions to advance Cambrian’s research strategic plan, sharing of best practices, exchange of potential research projects, and acquiring of resources.
- In collaboration with College Advancement, deliver outreach strategies for promoting College applied research to industry, community organizations, and other educational institutions.
- Represent Applied Research at external events and with industry stakeholders, at the request of the Director, Applied Research.
- Encourage College staff, faculty, and students who are interested in applied research activities.
- Masters degree, preferably within the area of Communications, Social Sciences, Business, or Science Technology Engineering and Math (STEM). (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of experience working in industry or a postsecondary institution.
- Strong knowledge of provincial and federal research funding programs for colleges.
- The resolve to work with diverse stakeholders and colleagues, along with strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Be a self-directed team player with highly developed verbal, written, and visual communication skills and a proven record of excellence in client service.
- A committed professional with excellent organizational and time-management skills, with strong prospecting, research, negotiation, and closing skills.
Assets / Preferred
- Project Management Certification.
- Strategic Grant Writing Experience.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Master’s degree.
- Project Management Certification (if applicable).
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.