Follow Us On Twitter #CambrianCareerFair
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020
Time: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Location: Gymnasium, Cambrian College Barrydowne Campus, 1400 Barrydowne Rd, Sudbury, ON, P3A 3V8
Booth Setup: Monday evening 5:00 – 7:00 PM (recommended) and Tuesday morning from 7:00 – 8:00 AM
Guest Speaker: Catherine Poulton (M.Ed., Certified Resilience Trainer)
General registration fee after this date is $350.
Program Advisory Committee Members fee is $250.
All fees include taxes.
Your registration fee entitles you to the following:
- Access to the “Career Centre Boardroom” – a common space for employers to gather and network
- A six-foot table with two chairs and a tablecloth
- Breakfast (for two representatives) in the Student Life Centre beginning at 8:30 a.m. and guest speaker at 9:15 a.m.
- Lunch (for two representatives) in the Student Life Centre
- Parking for setup and during Career Fair Conference. Paid parking is available for additional vehicles at various parking lots on campus
- Free event advertising to over 15,000 part-time and full-time Cambrian students
- Opportunity to meet with students for on the spot interviews in a designated office space
- Opportunity to provide a presentation to students in programs of your choice
- Access to LinkedIn professional profile headshot
** For additional representatives, the cost for breakfast and lunch is $30/per person.
Cambrian College is now accepting early registrations to the 2020 Career Fair Conference. Register early and receive the early bird registration fee and guarantee your spot to the sold out event for the last two years. The 2019 event hosted over 100 exhibitors and received over 2000 visits from students and alumni.Click Here to Register
Employer Award of Distinction – Employer Recognition
Students enroll at Cambrian College each year with the aspiration of gaining employment and starting a career. We cannot help students meet this objective without the relationships and partnerships Cambrian College has created and maintained with our valued employers. Local, provincial and national employers in a variety of industries have demonstrated their commitment to Cambrian College by hiring our students and graduates each year. This year we would like to formally recognize the contribution employers have made through our inaugural Employer Awards of Distinction – Employer Recognition.
All staff including faculty, support and administrators, as well as students were invited to nominate an employer of his or her choosing. Award recipients will have exemplary contribution to student and/or graduate development through academic participation, work or experiential learning or training and/or professional development opportunities.
Employers can demonstrate exemplary contribution to Cambrian College which may include, but not limited to:
- Support programming through active participation of Program Advisory Committees;
- Hiring of students through work integrated learning such as co-operative education (co-op), placement, practicum, etc.;
- Hiring of recent graduates and alumnus;
- Foster an environment that promotes learning, training and professional development;
- Other qualities that make the nominee a leader demonstrating a commitment to Cambrian College, and its students and graduates.
The 2020 nominees and recipient will be announced at the Career Fair breakfast, Feb 4, 2020.
2019 Employer Award of Distinction Winner
Congratulations to BESTECH Recipient of the 1st Annual Employer Award of Distinction
2019 Employer Award of Distinction Nominees
Congratulations to Geoscience Laboratories and Patrick Mechanical Nominees of the Employer Award of Distinction
2020 Career Fair Conference Exhibitors
*Employer Award of Distinction Nominee
**Recipient of the 1st Annual Employer Award of Distinction
Catherine Poulton (M.Ed., Certified Resilience Trainer)
Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support
Catherine Poulton is the Wellness Coordinator at Cambrian College. Catherine has a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Laurentian University, and a Master’s Degree in Education from Yorkville University in New Brunswick. She is a Certified Resilience Trainer, and she is certified in Applied Positive Psychology. Under Catherine’s leadership as Wellness Coordinator, Cambrian has created a culture of wellness on campus, based on eight pillars: social, intellectual, financial, emotional, spiritual, career, physical, and environmental.
Post Job Opportunities to the myCareer for FREE – myCareer
First time users can create an account at – myCareer. Once your account is approved by a Career Centre Team member, you will be notified, and then can proceed to posting.
Over 1600 students and alumni accessed the myCareer each term. Combined, they login over 35000 times to view and apply for job opportunities on the Cambrian College myCareer site.
Please contact the a Career Centre Team member if assistance is needed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cambrian College Career Centre – Career Fair Conference
Address (located down the road from the College)
490 Barrydowne Rd,
Greater Sudbury, ON P3A 3T3
Phone: (705) 560-0111
Fax: (705) 560-3275
Toll Free Reservations: (877) 560-0111
Guest room Specifications
Standard room 2 queen beds $134 per night available Monday, February 3 and Tuesday, February 4, 2020.
Reservation Cutoff Date: January 04, 2020
Individual Cancel Deadline: February 02, 2020
*All bedrooms are subject to 13% HST
*Cots can be requested for $15.00 per night, and are on a first come, first serve basis
As part of our agreement, your guests can look forward to the following amenities and services:
- Complimentary deluxe continental breakfast buffet
- Complimentary high speed wired & wireless internet access
- Complimentary 24 hour business centre with printing & scanning
- Indoor heated saltwater pool, jacuzzi and fitness facility
- Complimentary local calls
- Complimentary parking
All participating organizations are encouraged to bring name tags, signage, and a supply of recruitment / informational material to hand out during the event. Display and promotional materials may be sent in advance.
C/O Career Centre
1400 Barrydowne Rd.
Sudbury, ON, P3A 3V8
Participating organizations can receive a full refund if their cancellation is received 14 days or more in advance of the Career Fair Conference. There is no refund for cancellations received less than 14 days before the event.
Upon registration, Cambrian College will invoice your organization/company.
By registering for the Career Fair Conference, you agree to keep your booth open for the duration of the event, 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM Booth spaces will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis upon the receipt of the registration fee and availability.