Cambrian's Commitment to Survivors of Sexual AssaultAnyone who has experienced sexual violence has the right to:
be treated with dignity and respect
be informed about on and off-campus services and resources
decide whether or not to access available services and to choose those services he/she feel will be most beneficial
decide whether to report to campus security and/or local police
have an on-campus investigation with the institution's full cooperation
have a safety plan
have reasonable and necessary actions taken to prevent further unwanted contact with the alleged perpetrator(s)
Get Help Now
If you have experienced sexual violence
- If you are on or off campus, call or go to a trusted individual or friend; or
- If you are on the Barrydowne campus, you can call Campus Security Services at 705-566-8101, ext. 7911 - they are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; or
- If you are elsewhere, you can call Emergency Services at 911.
Go to your nearest Hospital Emergency Department.
- For the Sudbury area, go to Health Sciences North Emergency Department triage (41 Ramsey Lake Rd), and ask to have the Violence Intervention and Protection Program (VIPP) Nurse on-call paged. The VIPP nurse will respond within 30-45 minutes to meet with you to discuss your treatment and support. The hospital is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Assessment is confidential.
- In Espanola, go to the Emergency Department of the Espanola Regional Hospital and Health Centre located at 825 McKinnon Dr. The hospital is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- In Little Current, go to the Emergency Department of the Manitoulin Health Centre located at 11 Meredith Street. The Centre is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- You can also call the VIPP unit directly at 705-675-4743, Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. or contact them at the following email address: email@example.com
- You can also visit Cambrian's Medical Clinic, Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and seek the services of our nurses and physicians. If the clinic is closed, an emergency phone is located beside the door. Please contact Campus Security Services at ext. 7911.
If you want to report the assault, you have several options that you can proceed with as soon as you are ready. The following areas can help you file reports:
- Manager, Equity, Human Rights and Accessibility at 705-566-8101, ext. 7235, Mondays to Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, or
- Campus Security Services 705-566-8101, ext. 7298 after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays or anytime on weekends, or
- Residence Service Desk and ask for the on-call Manager at 705-566-8101, ext. 7583, or
- Students' Administrative Council (SAC) at 705-566-8101, 7729, or
- Supervisor, if you are an employee of the College, or
Local Police Services:
- In Sudbury, call 705-675-9171
- In Espanola, call 705-869-3251
- In Little Current, call 1-888-310-1122
We strongly encourage you to disclose and report incidents of sexual violence; however, it is entirely up to you if you choose to do so. We recognize that this may be emotionally difficult and you may want to reach out to resources available to you. We also encourage you to seek out support, including a list of College and Community Services.
If you have witnessed sexual violence
Please call or visit:
- Campus Security Services at 705-566-8101, ext. 7911, room 2036, or
- Manager, Equity, Human Rights, and Accessibility at 705-566-8101, ext. 7235, room 4089E, or
- Residence Services Office, 705-566-8101, ext. 7583, or
- Students' Administrative Council at 705-566-8101, ext. 7729, room 1164
If an employee of the College witnesses what they believe to be an incident of sexual violence against another member of the College community, the employee must report the incident to their supervisor or that person's supervisor.