Frequently Asked Questions
- You are able to apply into this program at Ontario Colleges (https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en). This program has now been officially posted on OCAS with the title of Personal Support Worker (Accelerated). Our admission intake is coded as PSP2. Please ensure that you are applying into the year of 2021-2022. There is a non-refundable $110 application fee
*This program is open to domestic applicants only at the is time
- There are 64 spots available per each intake.
- Have an Ontario Secondary School diploma (30 credits) or equivalent or mature student status
- Any grade 12 English (C) or (U)
- Any grade 11 (C), (U), or (M) or grade 12 mathematics (C) or (U)
- You are able to apply as a Mature student by completing an English and math assessment with our Admissions department. To proceed with this, please email Info@cambriancollege.ca.
- The government funding is issued directly to the College on your behalf. This funding will cover your tuition and some other fees related to this program, as well as support a paid placement.
- This program is delivered as hands-on learning. Given the nature of this program and its placement, interested applicants should be prepared for in person learning at our Sudbury campus.
- Semester 1: July 11- Sept 30
- Semester 2: Oct 3 – Dec 23
Please note: there is no break in between semesters
- Yes, however the funding that is provided for this program will need to be declared to OSAP and could trigger a recalculation of the amount you will receive.
- You can expect class hours to be a minimum of 26 hours per week.