Get help with your courses from a tutor! If you are experiencing any difficulties with your studies as a student at Cambrian College, you can access all of our services free of charge.
All full-time and part-time registered students have the opportunity to meet with our team and pursue tutoring from our Learning Centre Staff or a qualified Cambrian College Peer Tutor.
Before we get started
- We will try to find you a Tutor for any subject that you are experiencing difficulty with.
- Please don’t leave your request until the last minute, such as just before a test, as it may take some time to find an available tutor.
- In fact, if you know someone who might be appropriate, be sure to mention the Peer Tutor Program to him or her.
Learning Centre staff tutoring
Our professional Learning Centre staff tutors have years of teaching and tutoring experience. The scope of this experience encompasses subjects such as English, study skills, math and science. Academic support is offered for the following subject areas:
- Math: algebra, trigonometry, calculus, business math, statistical methods, word problems
- Chemistry: organic and analytical
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Reading development
- Writing development
- Grammar and punctuation
- Study strategies
- Academic workshops
Peer tutors are interested students who have met the following conditions:
- They are full time Cambrian College students.
- They have passed the course with an A or a B.
- They have been recommended by a professor.
- They have maintained a reasonable GPA.
- They have been approved by The Learning Centre Coordinator.