Everyone’s on the right path at Cambrian
The First Step Centre, formerly First Generation, is part of the Ontario Post-Secondary Access and Inclusion Program (OPAIP). OPAIP focuses on three pillars to raise awareness and educate people and families on the value of Post-Secondary education; to promote and support positive action for students facing barriers to their success in high school and post- secondary.
- Outreach- Students that are still in elementary and high school, adult learners, counselors.
- Access/transition- Students who are looking to/transitioning to post-secondary in high school and adult learners.
- Retention- Students currently enrolled in post- secondary.
Students accessing The First Step Centre can receive:
- Academic, personal, and financial advising
- Workshops on academic, financial, social topics.
- Peer mentorship program
- Lunch and learns
- Volunteer opportunities
- Referrals to external supports and services
- Success strategies for your transition to college