Need some advice, some guidance, or just a bit of perspective on how to navigate the halls here at Cambrian?
You’ve Come to the Right Place
What Our Advisors Do
At Cambrian our team of Academic Success Advisors can help you:
- Navigate the services offered through the College.
- Identify individual goals for your education, career, and life.
- Develop a plan to reach your goals.
Why an Advisor?
- You have a concern about your academics, or are struggling personally.
- You don’t understand, or are having trouble following the course material.
- You feel you’re in conflict with a faculty member or program coordinator.
- You’ve been placed on academic probation.
- You’ve been exited from the program.
- You’re overwhelmed with academics and not sure what to do.
What You Can Expect From Your Advisor
- Be available to meet with you for advising needs, and help you find answers.
- Provide support to you as needed and ease your transition to college life.
- Be proactive in academic interventions and provide you with information before you request it, or are aware that you need it.
- Help link you to other resources in the College that you might not be aware of.
- Help link you to resources in the community as needed.
- Be a link between your faculty, program coordinator, and program as needed.
- Provide you with information about policies of the College or your program that could affect you academically.
- Help clarify and set achievable educational goals.
- Explore options when you’re struggling, and address academic difficulties or concerns about your studies.
- Offer advice on course selection, changing programs, academic audits, and/or withdrawals.
- Provide information on academic GPA or status, program questions, or transfer help.
What Your Advisor Expects From You
- Be proactive about your education and make appointments before problems occur.
- Provide proper notice to advisor if you need to cancel and/or reschedule a meeting.
- Be active in your meetings by communicating your situation or needs in order to be successful.
- Bring forward any issues that might be affecting your academic progress, and ask questions.
- Follow through on any referrals, or advising recommendations.
- Come prepared with questions and an open mind.
- Come prepared to discuss your academic performance.
Our Team of Advisors
|Contact your Academic Success Advisor|
School of Business and Information Technology; Creative Arts, Design, and Music; and Hospitality
|Rose Nixon, Academic Success Advisor
705-566-8101, ext. 6225
School of Justice, Community Services & General Studies
|Gilles Bedard, Academic Success Advisor
705-566-8101, ext. 7875
School of Health Sciences and Emergency Services
|Angele Arseneau, Academic Success Advisor
705-566-8101, ext. 6497
Schools of Skills Training and Engineering Technology and Environmental Studies
|Jennifer Ayotte, Academic Success Advisor
705-566-8101, ext. 6306