Disability services are provided through the Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support located at our Barrydowne Campus.
Supporting Every Student
The Glenn Crombie Centre is a multi-service complex that promotes accessibility and success for students within the Cambrian community. This state-of-the-art facility is entirely accessible including phones (TTY), personal care rooms, computer lab, testing rooms, and accessible washrooms. With over 12 000 square feet, the Centre boasts a fully equipped PC/Mac computer lab with assistive technology for student use and training.
The following are some of the support services available for students with a documented disability or suspected disability:
- Specialized orientation programs for students with disabilities to get a “head start” on the college experience and support their short- and long-term academic success.
- Personal Care Rooms with wall-mounted lifts and accessible toilet and shower facilities.
- Alternative print material and access to note taking and interpreter services.
- Training and access to a wide variety of assistive technologies (i.e., speech recognition and screen-reading software, digital recorders, technical aids, organizational software FM systems).
- Academic advising and support for testing or classroom accommodations.
- Learning Skills Advisors for assistance with learning strategies.
- Psycho-educational assessments as required provided by the Northern Ontario Assessment and Resource Centre located at Cambrian College above The Glenn Crombie Centre.
To book an appointment with a Disability Advisor or for more information, please contact us at 705-566-8101, ext. 7420, or email email@example.com.