Update, November 15th, 2017:
BREAKING NEWS – The strike by Ontario’s full-time and partial-load faculty, librarians, and counsellors will continue. Union members have rejected the November 6 contract offer from the colleges, during voting supervised over the last three days by the Ontario Labour Relations Board. Click here for more information >
Update, November 9th, 2017:
Management Offer for Settlement Faculty Vote. Click here for more information >
Update, November 6th, 2017:
THIS IS WHAT WE CAN CONFIRM FOR YOU AT THIS POINT, IF CLASSES RESUME BY THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 23:
- classes will be held until December 20 (regardless of the length of the strike), followed by the winter holiday, which will be held from December 21 to January 3
- the fall semester will resume January 4, and the fall semester end date will be January 15
- the winter semester will begin January 22 and the winter semester end date will be April 27
- reading week has been suspended; however, Family Day Weekend has been extended from February 16 to 19
- students will receive 2 days’ notice of a return to classes
- for the first three days of classes, there will be no tests, and no assignments will be due
THE FALL SEMESTER END DATE (JANUARY 15) MAY CHANGE SHOULD THE STRIKE EXTEND BEYOND NOVEMBER 24.
Non-faculty student supports remain available, including through the Learning Centre, Glenn Crombie Centre, Career Centre, Testing Centre, Library, Wabnode, NOARC, the Student Administrative Council, First Generation Student Services, and International Student Services.
We will post updates as they become available. Thank you for your patience.
As of Monday, October 16th 2017, full-time faculty at Ontario's 24 colleges, including Cambrian, are on strike. Classes are cancelled, but our campus remains open and non-faculty student services are still available.
Click on the links provided to learn more about what this means for you, picket line etiquette, and changes to Sudbury Transit routes.
- Faculty Strike FAQ
- Faculty Strike FAQ For International Students
- Picket Line Etiquette
- Faculty Strike Sudbury Transit Detour & Schedule
What’s still available to students?
Just a reminder that student services are still available during the current faculty strike.
- Learning Centre (including tutoring, study halls, English-language speaking practice)
- Glenn Crombie Centre for Student Support
- Enrolment Centre
- Career Centre
- First Generation Services
- Wabnode Centre for Indigenous Services
- International Students Service
- Food Services
- Northern Ontario Assessment and Resource Centre
- Test Centre
- Student Life Centre
- Athletics Centre and varsity sports
- Student Administrative Council
- Cambrian Indigenous Student Circle