A unique 42-foot trailer with interactive exhibits that commemorate the 50th anniversary of Ontario’s college system will be stopping at Cambrian College’s Barrydowne campus on Monday, September 18, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the front entrance.
Amazing 50 Campus Tour
Eye-opening exhibits will illustrate how colleges, including Cambrian, have helped to develop rural and regional communities and economies since 1967. The tour includes stops at every public college in Ontario.
The Amazing 50 tour will also stop at the New Sudbury Shopping Centre on Tuesday, September 19. Representatives from Cambrian College and Collège Boréal will be also be welcoming visitors at the mall on Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Start of Something Amazing
The theme for the 50th-anniversary celebration in 2017 is “The Start of Something Amazing.” The celebration recognizes how colleges serve society and how a college education continues to accelerate careers for growing numbers of students and graduates.
Highlights of the province-wide tour include:
• A timeline highlighting milestones over the past 50 years
• A head-to-head quiz that tests visitors’ knowledge of the college system and of and pop culture history
• Examples of how colleges are promoting environmental stewardship and tackling climate change
• A spotlight on leading-edge innovations at colleges
• Profiles of graduates’ successes in Canada and around the world
• An opportunity to vote on the top 10 finalists in the William G. Davis Innovation Fund competition
Ontario’s public colleges offer 900 programs in diverse fields, including business, the arts, information technology, hospitality, health care, aviation, engineering, and the skilled trades.
705-566-8101, ext. 6375