The health sciences, nursing, and emergency services industries are some of the most in-demand sectors in the workforce. At Cambrian College, we have more than a dozen programs for students looking for careers in the health sciences, nursing, or emergency services fields.
I love the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in my field. I really enjoyed my placements at the hospital.
Covering the Full Spectrum of Health Care
From dental hygiene to nursing or perhaps paramedic – if your calling is to answer the call when someone needs you, this may be the program for you.
At Cambrian College we also offer post-graduate programming for those looking to enhance their post-secondary education. The Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Services field of study also offers programs for Advanced Care Paramedic and Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
Take Your Passion for Helping Others Around the World
Each year, students from some programs travel to other countries to deliver health care services to those in need. In 2015, a group of Nursing and Dental Hygiene students provided health education and check-ups to families and individuals in Costa Rica. Also, three Physical Fitness Management students led nutrition and fitness projects for young children in Peru.
Programs in health sciences, nursing, and emergency services
- Advanced Care Paramedic – Graduate Certificate Program Code: APPD
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program Code: BSCN
- Dental Assisting (Levels I & II) Program Code: DENA
- Dental Hygiene Program Code: DHYG
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography – Ultrasound Program Code: USPG
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – Graduate Certificate Program Code: MRIP
- Medical Laboratory Technology Program Code: MDLY
- Medical Radiation Technology Program Code: MRPG
- Paramedic Program Code: PARA
- Personal Support Worker Program Code: PSPG
- Personal Support Worker – Alternate Delivery Program Code: PSAD
- Personal Support Worker – Espanola Program Code: PSPE
- Personal Support Worker – Wikwemikong Program Code: PSPW
- Physical Fitness Management Program Code: FLBU
- Practical Nursing Program Code: PNDP
- Pre-Service Firefighter Education and Training Program Code: PSFP