Cambrian College invites you to a full-day information session that will provide you with insights into the challenges students face in transitioning to post-secondary education, along with practical tools you can use to help your students nurture and maintain positive mental health.
JP Michel, Career Coach and Leadership Development Consultant
Looking Beyond Job Titles
JP will use his experience working with hundreds of leaders at all sizes and types of organization, including Fortune 500 companies, to share how we can best match the talents and interests of the next generation with the right post-secondary training that will put them on the right track to future career opportunities.
Kristina Rivard Gobbo, Principal, Barrydowne College and Debbie Digby, Public Health Nurse, Public Health Sudbury and Districts
Promoting Growth Mindset and Resiliency: Students Dealing with Mental Health Issues
During this interactive session, the facilitators will share successful strategies that use a growth mindset for supporting students age 18 and older who experience mental health issues. The connection between community supports, resiliency, academic success will also be explored.
Other Features of the Forum
- Presentations by expert Cambrian staff including administrative services and financial aid
- Updates about Cambrian’s programs and services
- A tour of a newly-renovated lab space
- Opportunities to network with other educators and Cambrian representatives
Breakfast, lunch, and free parking will be provided.
Who Should Attend
- Secondary School Teachers
- Guidance Counselors
- Secondary Principals/Vice Principals
- School Board Representatives
- OYAP and Co-op Representatives