Master of Ceremonies
Chris The Pleasant Pheasant
High Ridge Singers
Waasnode Lightning, of Maskwacis, Alberta
Kihiw Lightning, of Maskwacis, Alberta
Rules and Etiquette
- Please be on time. College staff and the pow wow Master of Ceremonies are doing everything possible to ensure activities run smoothly.
- Seats in the front row are reserved for the dancers and drummers.
- Please stand and remove hats during Grand Entry and ceremonial songs.
- Ask permission before taking pictures or videos of the dancers/drummers. No recordings allowed during Grand Entry or ceremonial songs.
- Listen to the Master of Ceremonies and Arena Director.
- Respect the elders, drummers, singers, dancers, and the pow wow staff and committee.
- The dancers wear regalia while they are dancing, not “costumes.” You should not touch the regalia unless you ask.
- Move in a clockwise direction when you are in the dance area.
- Do not bring alcohol or drugs to the pow wow. Do not come to the pow wow while you are intoxicated.
- Ask people around you to explain things you don’t understand; most will be eager to share their knowledge with you.
- Be respectful. If someone is behind you, make room for them to see by stepping aside, sitting, or kneeling.
- Cambrian College is not responsible for accidents, theft, or property damage.
- Enjoy the pow wow and join us afterwards for a feast in the Student Life Centre.