Cambrian College’s Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub requires a full-time Senior Instructional Designer beginning September 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with faculty to support their use of technology-enabled learning experiences, design and develop instructional materials and courses where appropriate, and work with the Teaching and Learning Innovation Hub team to explore and develop innovative and pedagogically-appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Design, develop, and implement various technological solutions to teaching challenges in response to a specific faculty need, requiring the development of learning objects, course materials, interactive web pages, HTML5 modules, full Moodle courses, or other technology-enabled learning activities.
- Participate in the day-to-day running of the Hub including supporting faculty through scheduled or drop-in traffic, maintaining software and hardware, participating in workflow and organizational processes, decision making, and communication/internal marketing strategies.
- Master’s degree, preferably in the area of Education, Adult Education, or Curriculum Development, as well as course study in the areas of educational technology, instructional design, technology-based learning, distance education, or a related field with an emphasis on technology-enabled learning. (Individuals with a degree in Instructional Design may also be considered.)
- Three years of experience in the design and development of pedagogically appropriate online courses, learning objects, or other technology-enabled learning activities within the postsecondary sector.
- Experience with using Universal Design for Learning, HTML5 modules, Moodle, and Webpages.
- Sound knowledge of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) as well as a firm understanding of copyright legislation.
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated diplomacy and tact.
- Must be a self-starter with strong organizational and time-management skills and the ability to multi-task.
* All candidates selected for an interview will be required to undergo appropriate testing.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.