Cambrian College’s School of Business and Information Technology requires part-time Professors to teach within the Project Management program beginning September 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicants will teach in the following area:
- Project Communications Management (COM1002) – 3 hours/week
- Principles of Project Management (PRM1001) – 3 hours/week
- Project Scope and Quality Management (PRM1002) – 4 hours/week
- Project Cost Management (PRM1003) – 3 hours/week
- Project Planning and Scheduling (PRM1004) 4 hours/week
- Business Operations Management (BUS1099) – 4 hours/week
- Postsecondary diploma or degree in Communications or Business and Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) (Work experience with PMP or CAPM may also be considered). Requirement for Project Communications Management only.
- Postsecondary diploma or degree, preferably in Business or Commerce along with Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM). (Work experience with PMP or CAPM may also be considered) Requirement for remaining courses.
- Five years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, to think critically, and to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.