Cambrian College’s Schools of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Services requires part-time professors to teach within the Paramedic program beginning September 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Four-year postsecondary degree and a diploma in Primary Care Paramedic.
- Must have current Primary Care Paramedic certification.
- Two years of hands-on experience in the field as a Primary Care Paramedic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
- Postsecondary degree in Advanced Care Paramedic.
- Advanced Care or Critical Care Paramedic certification.
- Five years of experience in the field as an Advanced Care Paramedic.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.