Cambrian College’s School of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Services requires part-time professors to teach within the Health Sciences programs, beginning November 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicants will teach in the following areas:
Anatomy and Physiology II (BIO 1207) – In this course, students will examine how the organ systems of the body work together to maintain homeostasis. There is an emphasis on the relationship between (anatomy), function (physiology), and terminology of the organ system of the human body.
- Degree in Science.
- Three years of experience in a biology/science field.
- Proven ability to provide leadership, to think critically, and to communicate effectively in a professional manner.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.