Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a part-time Professor to teach in the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprenticeship program beginning October 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach refrigeration and air conditioning topics as outlined in the Level 1 – Common Core Apprenticeship in-school curriculum standards.
- Must hold a Journeyperson Certificate of Qualification 313D or a 313A (a copy of certifications must be submitted with application).
- Five years of relevant work experience as a licensed Mechanic (313D or 313A).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Certification of completion of an apprenticeship program.
- Postsecondary diploma relevant to this field.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Residential Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic 313D or Commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic 313A.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.