Cambrian College’s Schools of Business and Information Technology; Creative Arts, Design, and Music; and Hospitality requires a part-time Professor from May 7 to August 17, 2018.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Academic Manager, the Professor will teach in the following course:
Project Cost Management (PRM1003) – 3 hours per week – Students will learn how to build realistic cost estimates for their projects by planning for costs, estimating those costs, determining a budget, and controlling costs. In planning for project costing, analytical techniques will be reviewed to set the base for a proper cost management plan. Students will add to this plan by learning tools and techniques that will allow them to accurately estimate the cost of the work activities within the project plan. Next, students will learn how to determine the proper budget so they can establish a realistic cost baseline. Finally, students will be given the understanding of how to control costs using earned value management and other tools and techniques. Students will be applying cost management concepts using a set of forms and reports so they can readily apply the practices described in the PMBOK® Guide to their real world projects.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) and/or extensive experience working as a Project Manager in the area of Project Cost Management. (A copy of educational documents and certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of relevant experience working on diverse projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Postsecondary education diploma or degree and/or PMI or CAPM Certification.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.