Cambrian College’s School of Business and Information Technology requires a full-time Professor to teach in the Human Resources, Business, and Business Administration programs beginning August 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach theory and practical courses in the business field such as human resources management, alternate dispute resolution, occupational health and safety, organizational behaviour, and business law.
- Remain actively involved in curriculum and course development/revision and evaluation.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials, curriculum revisions, and textbook selections.
- Three or four year degree, preferably in the area of Business, Commerce, or Human Resources.
- Five years of direct work experience in the human resources management field.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Solid commitment to students and education.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy with respect to standard office software packages and spreadsheets.
- Effective critical thinking and organizational skills and the ability to function effectively within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Diploma or graduate certificate in Human Resources.
- CHRP designation.
- Alternate dispute resolution/mediation.
- Previous teaching experience.
- Experience with online learning.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.