Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a part-time Professor to teach within the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician program.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chair, the Professor will teach the following courses:
- Trade Practice
- Engine Systems I
- Fluid Power Systems I
- Electrical Systems I
- Fuel System I
- Drive Train Systems I
- Must have a Certificate of Qualification (Interprovincial Red Seal) as a licensed Journeyperson in the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician trade as well as a Certificate of Apprenticeship.
- Five years of journey person experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Journeyperson certification as an Automotive Service Technician and/or a Truck and Coach Technician.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants).
- Certificate of Qualification (Interprovincial Red Seal) as a licensed Journeyperson in the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician trade.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.