Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a part-time Professor to teach within the Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Level 1 Dual Credit Apprenticeship program from February 2017 to June 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach the Level I Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Apprentice courses, including Trade Practices, Engine Systems, Fluid Power Systems, Electrical/Electronic Systems, Fuel Systems, Drive Train Systems, Wheel End Assemblies, and Brake Systems.
- Must be a licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Technician journeyperson with Red Seal certification. (Copies of Certificate of Qualification must be submitted with résumé and cover letter.)
- Five years of experience as a Heavy Duty Equipment Technician.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Journeyperson status as a Truck and Coach Technician and/or Automotive Service Technician.
- Relevant postsecondary education.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants).
- Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Journeyperson licensure with Red Seal Certification.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.