Cambrian College’s School of Skills Training requires a full-time Professor to teach in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Technician program beginning January 2018. This position falls under non-traditional semester delivery and teaching is required in the winter and spring semesters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare students for Gas Technician II and III and Oil Burner Technician II and III certification exams administered by the Technical Standards and Safety Authority (TSSA).
- Teach air conditioning and refrigeration principles that relate to the layout, installation, and service of residential and light commercial heating and cooling applications, along with sheet metal as it relates to the layout, installation, and service of residential hydronic and forced warm air systems.
- Be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Use creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Hold a minimum G.2 and OBT3 Certificate plus a Journeyperson Certificate of Qualification as a Residential Air Conditioning Mechanic, 313D. (A copy of certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in residential oil and gas heating, residential and light commercial air conditioning, heat pump systems, air distribution, heat load estimating, hydronic heating, and HVAC electrical systems. Please note that industry certifications for all areas taught are essential.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Effective critical thinking and organizational skills and the ability to function effectively within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- A G.1 Certificate or working towards the completion of a G.1 Certificate.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic, 313A.
- OBT2 Certificate.
- Postsecondary diploma relevant to this field.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
(Failure to attach the required documentation may disqualify applicants.)
- Copy of G.2 and OBT3 Certificate.
- Residential Air Conditioning Mechanic, 313D.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
(Note: Part-time teaching positions are also available, please specify in your application if you are looking for part-time teaching.)
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.