Cambrian College’s School of General Studies has an immediate requirement for a part-time Professor to teach in the English for Academic Purposes program. Applications may also be kept for a recruitment pool to be utilized at a later date.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills. Grammar, critical thinking, and conversation skills are also integrated throughout the curriculum.
- Bachelor degree in any discipline along with a recognized Teacher of English as a Second Language (TESL) Level One Professional certificate, or equivalent. (A copy of educational documents and certifications must be submitted with application.)
- Two years of experience teaching English as a Second Language in an adult learning environment (new graduates may also be considered).
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Bachelor of Arts degree in English, a Bachelor of Education degree, and/or a Master’s degree in TESL/Education.
- Experience teaching at the postsecondary level.
CANDIDATES MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF THE FOLLOWING WITH APPLICATION:
- Bachelor degree.
- TESL Level One Certificate, or equivalent.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.