Cambrian College’s Schools of Business and Information Technology; Creative Arts, Design, and Music; and Hospitality require a part-time Professor to teach within their Business program beginning January 2017.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Academic Manager, the Professor will teach the following:
Computer Apps for Business (BUS1034) – Sage 50 accounting software is widely used across Canada by many small- and medium-sized businesses and will be the accounting software of choice for this course. Students will gain practical hands-on experience using email, word processing, presentation, and accounting software. Microsoft Office is the most prevalent suite of software used by business today, and components of Microsoft Office will be utilized in this course. Students will record business transactions in the General Journal, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, and Inventory modules. Students will also calculate and account for sales taxes.
- A postsecondary diploma or degree in Business or Accounting.
- Five years of experience working in business or accounting.
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 software.
- Ability to be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to use creative teaching approaches, as well as current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student progress.
- Possess good organizational skills and sound computer software skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
Assets / Preferred
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
* All candidates will be required to undergo a mini-teaching simulation during the interview process.
Interested individuals may apply, by email only, with a cover letter quoting the competition number, and a résumé, detailing education and experience, to:
Human Resources Department
While all responses are appreciated, only those applicants who will be invited for an interview will be contacted.
Cambrian College is committed to creating an accessible, inclusive, and diverse workforce. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals, including; women; persons with disabilities; racialized peoples; Indigenous people; and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity and expression. All who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas and the College environment are encouraged to apply.